Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pregnancy, Week 9

What happened to week 8, you ask? Well, I went to my first doctor's appointment last Friday and based on the measurements of the little one I was at 9 weeks. Either that, or I am growing a linebacker (sometimes I think it's the linebacker option). But visiting the doctor we also learned I have a healthy baby in my tummy with a steady heartbeat. Hoorah!

Physical Symptoms: EXHAUSTION. I wake up tired. Growing a baby is hard work folks. Lately I have been needing to eat almost every hour to not feel sick. I am the snack queen. In general I just lack energy which sometimes makes it seem I am in a bad mood or sad.  I am none of those, I just dont have enough energy to smile, walk fast or control my body from doing anything than sitting on the couch.

Food Weirdness: Today I craved Chef Boyardee. And when I say crave, I mean, had to have it immediately. It's totally terrible for me, I know, but it sure tasted good. No shame. Still eating grapes like crazy. It seems I crave anything really cold like juice, grapes, sushi.  I really want sushi but cant bring myself to eat if because they advise against eating raw fish. No aversions really except gamey meat like deer. I think it is the gamey smell more than the taste.

Size of little bug: Strawberry (little ones, not the genetically enhanced ones you but at the store)

Workout: When I have the energy Ill do a workout video, walk, or run. I hope to be more consistent once I hit the second trimester and hopefully not be as tired.

Preparation: Was glad to finally have our first appointment. Now that we know the baby is so far healthy and normal we get to tell our families. So that is what we are doing this week. I also will need to get some maternity pants this weekend or at least bigger pants because everything is so snug!

Discovery: Well, we discovered we are almost 2 weeks further along than we originally thought.  That was surprise enough for the week!

Funny Moment: Chris asked my stepson Jbug (7) how he felt about me being pregnant. He said "excited and stressed out." My hubby was a tad concerned about the "stressed out" statement and asked him to explain what he meant. Turns out he really meant "shocked!" He has seemed really excited about it since we told him so we are not too worried about him being stressed out.

Feelings: At our first appointment everything became real. Seeing the baby on the ultrasound and hearing the heartbeat, wow, crazy, this is real. There is a human growing inside of me. How crazy is that? After the appointment I have found myself getting more excited and less fearful. And I have been appreciating my body more and giving myself a break for feeling chubby. My body is churning up a human being. Crazy. So crazy, So pass the ice cream, lets celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment