Saturday, September 6, 2014

Leftovers Breakfast Burittos

I slept in and woke up feeling hungover even though no drinks were involved the night before. I have been experiencing vivid dreams the past week which cause me to wake up every few hours. Pregnancy is weird. Such random symptoms. 

I decided to make eggs for breakfast but realized I only had 4 eggs. Hubs can take down 4 eggs himself. So I wondered what awesome egg dish could I make with the leftovers in the fridge. I found leftover rice, avocado, salsa, wheat tortillas, Mexican cheese, cilantro and chopped onion, all things that are perfect for a breakfast burrito! 

Sautée the onions in the a little olive oil, add the eggs and then all the other ingredients quickly because you never want to overcook eggs. I toasted the tortillas in another hot pan for just a few seconds on each side. After your leftovers mixture is finished place the mixture on the toasted tortilla add some hot sauce and presto you have breakfast burittos! And you have less leftovers to worry about in the fridge. 

The only difference I would make next time is to add a little sour cream or Greek yogurt to add a little creaminess in the mix. 




No comments:

Post a Comment