Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Pregnancy, Week 10

Physical Symptoms: Every night I go to bed wondering what crazy, wacked out dream I am going to have. They usually are not scary or sad but man they are random and so vivid. Besides the dreams, I can fall asleep like a champ at 10pm. I am still so exhausted.  The first 2 hours of my day I have tons of energy. By 6:20am I am ready to go back to bed (I get up at 4:20am). So try to catch me in that early morning 2-hr window if you want energized Emily. All my preggos that surround me tell me that your energy comes back in the second trimester. I am counting down the days.

Food Weirdness: Anything unhealthy, I want it. Get away from me salad. Remember, the first post when I was craving healthy food and hoped I would stay on that track? Well, the train derailed, hand over the fries.

Size of Little Bug: A Date. How about we make that date stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in bacon. Mmmm....(I dont want to eat my kid, btw)

Workout: I force myself to workout sometimes just so I don't feel like a complete sloth. Last night I decided to lift some hand weights.  I looked a lot like gumby. I was trying to lift the weights but my arms were like limp noodles.  My plan now is to up my game in the second trimester (snicker, snicker). We will see how that goes.

Preparation: Bought my first pair of maternity pants, leggings. They look awesome and feel awesome but it has been 100 degrees in SoCal (its October, what a crime) so I haven't been able to enjoy them. Cant wait!

Discovery: Little babes is head makes up half of its size right now. Brainiac!

Funny Moment: This week we revealed the pregnancy to our parents via skype.  This was such an exciting time. But the funniest moment was when my mom facetimed while driving. Que sharing the news and her bursting into happy tears. Driving + Facetime + Crying + Shock = Dangerous, but she made it home fine so it ended up being funny.

Feelings: I am going to take a moment and be really honest. Some may think I am being superficial, and that's okay, because I already feel the guilt of that label. But the bloating, weight gain and overall not being able to fit into many clothes has really been hard for me. Usually when I gain a few pounds, I change my diet, workout a little more and everything goes back to where I am comfortable. Right now I feel like I am in that place of where I would usually make some changes but know that this feeling is not going away and in fact my body is only going to get bigger! I have to remind myself there is a baby in there and its a beautiful miracle! But I see women walking around who are fit and trim, like I used to be and honestly I get super jealous. It sounds so superficial, I know! But my girlfriend (who is also pregnant) put it this way, "I never knew how much the body changes while pregnant would get into my head." That is so perfectly stated. I am excited to let this little guy or girl grow and I make sure to not deprive myself of nutrition and food (aka. food weirdness entry). So, I am confident my mind will soon catch up with my body and my body image will sway to the positive but right now its just difficult, Just being honest!




No comments:

Post a Comment