Friday, September 19, 2014

Comfort Food

Last night we had what my husband calls comfort food.  Homemade chicken tenders and boxed macaroni and cheese. It was delicious.  I was going to makes some broccoli to try to make it healthier but at the last minute decided not to.  We can save the green stuff for another day!

Here is the recipe I used for the chicken fingers:

Baked Chicken Fingers

1 lb of Chicken Breasts
2 cups of Panko Bread Crumbs
3 Eggs
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic

Heat oven to 450 degrees
Take you chicken breasts and slice them into long 1 inch pieces
Crack eggs into small bowl and beat together with a fork
Combine bread crumbs, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic in a medium bowl
Coat chicken pieces in egg and then roll in bread crumb mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Repeat with the remainder of the chicken
Bake for 20 minutes.

Also, do you want to know the secret to the perfect boxed mac and cheese?  I learned this from a friend I met years ago and though I didn't know her for long before she moved and we haven't kept in touch I will be forever grateful for this tip that has made my favorite comfort food even more awesome!

Add some (not too much) pepper to the macaroni and cheese after mixing the cheese, butter and milk. Try it, you wont regret it! It's revolutionary!!! I take my boxed mac and cheese seriously.

Chris may have called it comfort food but I felt like a kid again! It was a fun and yummy meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment