Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pregnancy, Weeks 17 & 18

These two weeks are combined because Chris and I were in VA for Thanksgiving! I did not look at a computer the entire time we were there. It was so great relaxing spending time with family and friends.

Physical Symptoms: I was able to get lots of sleep over the break which was really nice. I felt refreshed everyday! Sometimes I get leg cramps which from what I have read is typical for this stage of pregnancy.  I had a lot of energy over break. So thankful!

Food Weirdness: None. Stuffed myself silly the entire week! Especially Thanksgiving day!

Size of little bug: Week 17: Naval Orange, Week 18: Dragon Fruit

Workout: I did 0 working out while on vacation which I think attributed to my leg cramps. But Chris is starting a new workout regimen this week so I am going to try to join him. I probably wont do the full program but do whatever is comfortable. Also, I am still doing the 15-min fit breaks at work and walking!

Preparation: My mom's side of the family surprised us on Thanksgiving Day with a baby shower! We were so shocked and it was so fun.  At the shower we received a diaper genie, a few toys and lots of baby clothes.  We are so thankful! It was a very special time with family.

Discovery: During the shower my mom gave me two quilts that my Mamaw made for me when I was a baby.  I didn't remember these quilts so I was very shocked. It was an emotional moment and I am so happy to have part of my grandmother be a part of our child.

Also, my parents discovered that the baby is a girl! We filled a white box with pink balloons and at the Thanksgiving meal my parents opened the box to discover the gender.  It was so fun and they are ecstatic!

Feelings: Being home in VA was so good and much needed.  But it was really hard to leave this time.  Knowing a baby is coming and my immediate family is very far away is hard. But we will just have to make the best of it. Hopefully, in the future we can afford to visit more than once a year.

Also, here is our family picture we took a few weeks ago:







No comments:

Post a Comment