Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pregnancy, Week 20 Half Way!!

Physical Symptoms: I am getting really tired at night and my appetite has amped up a fair amount. I had some sharp pains in my lower abdomen that really scared me. After calling the doctor and a few pregnant friends and taking a long nap I concluded they are just growing pains. Chris read that sometimes your ab muscles may rip to make room for the baby. I will continue to keep a watch on this symptom though, in case it comes back!

Also, she continues to move around a lot, especially at night when my dog Bailey is laying up against my stomach. They have already bonded.

At the 20-week scan the ultrasound doctor said I have slight placenta previa which means my placenta is close to covering my cervix. 80% of these cases resolve on their own and the placenta moves up to its proper placement but because of the risk I will be going in for another ultrasound at week 32 to see if it has moved.  If it has not, we will need to schedule a c-section when the baby is due. Praying the placenta moves!

Food Weirdness: Yesterday my smelling sensitivity of a super hero came back in full force. I had a bag of Special K with strawberries sitting on my desk and I could not stand the smell of the freeze dried berries.  It had to go.

Size of little (girl) bug: Mango

Workout: Still enjoying working out with my hubby. We keep each other accountable and it is benefiting us both. My workout is slightly modified from his though, less jumping and running around. I'm focusing more on strength (squats and weights).

Preparation: Scheduled our birthing and breastfeeding classes for February.

Discovery: We had our 20 week scan last week and it could not of went better! Little Natalie is developing perfectly.  All her major organs looked great and she is progressing normally. It was really cool to see how big she is. The ultrasound doctor was incredibly thorough and explained everything she was looking at. She kept saying that we have beautiful and perfect little babe. So thankful!

Feelings: Hitting the half-way point was emotional for me! Very soon our daughter will be born and life is going to change forever! Its hard to explain how that feels, except its a bunch of emotions mixed into one big ball of "this is really happening!"

Natalie was shy for the cameras...


No comments:

Post a Comment