Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pregnancy, Week 16

Physical Symptoms: Honestly, I feel really good! Lots of energy! My only complaints are constipation (sorry, had to say it) and feeling icky after I eat too much. But I am so grateful that I am overall feeling great!

Food Weirdness: Get away from me salad! Come on over yummy ice cream/milkshakes!  Trying to balance my good eating/bad eating is challenging!

Size of little bug: Avocado!!

Workout: Enjoyed a lovely long and somewhat challenging hike with Lindsey and Janell last weekend and have been doing the 15-min fit breaks during work along with walking at lunch!

Preparation: Switched our health plan from a PPO to an HMO so we can save tons of money on the labor and delivery/ hospital stay. Thankful for working for a company that has great benefits and also thankful we are in open enrollment so we can switch to the HMO before giving birth.

Discovery: Last week I went to the doctor and asked her for a quick ultrasound to see if she could see the gender. Well, little babe was doing a headstand and we could not tell.  So I made an appt at Heavenly Ultrasounds that weekend, paid a fee, to see if we could find out the gender. Sunday after church, Chris, J & I went to the appointment and the baby was making it easy (legs wide open) for us to see that we are having... drum-roll please... a GIRL!

Funny Moment: Chris and J's faces when we found out it was girl! You could tell 100 things were running through their minds. We are all excited though! Chris says he feel like he has to throw everything he has learned raising a boy out the window. I am sure we will use a lot of that knowledge but yes, raising a girl will be different. We will do great and J will be a great big brother!

Feelings: I am bursting with excitement to share this pregnancy and surprise them with the gender when we go to VA for Thanksgiving. Cant wait to share these moments with my family.

Also, over the weekend we took family pictures so we can finally announce publicly I am expecting. We haven't received them back yet but cant wait to post! That picture will also serve as my 16 week belly bump photo.

PS: We pretty much have already decided on the name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment