Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pregnancy, Week 13

Physical Symptoms: Some people say week 13 is the start of the second trimester and some people say it is week 14. I'm going to go with week 13 because I have been excited to hit the second trimester since week 1! Why? Well, in your second trimester your energy starts coming back and you start feeling better.  I have seen signs of that this week. I do not need to snack as often to feel well and I have had a lot more energy getting up in the morning and staying up at night. The only bad symptom I have this week is gas. But gassy in weird places like my side near my ribs. Usually I need to lay down for a a little bit for it to relieve.  Sorry if TMI but pregnancy does weird things.

Food Weirdness: I really have no food weirdness anymore. I can eat anything! But still craving southern food like crazy. Can't wait for Thanksgiving Day in the south!

Size of Little Bug: Jalapeno

Workout: Feeling a lot more energy to workout. Have been walking during lunch at work, took a hike on Saturday and have done some Fitness Blender workouts! My only complaint is that I run out of breathe quickly.

Preparation: We haven't really done anything since buying furniture the other week but we have started saving money for baby and started talking more about what type of maternity leave I will be able to take, etc.  I have a meeting set up with my HR department this week to go over more details. It is so confusing!

Discovery: Little babe is nearly doubling in weight each week at this point! I feel like I am too. Ha Ha!

Funny Moment: We were at the elementary school fall festival with J and our family had a theme: Scooby Doo. J was Scooby, Chris was Fred and I was Daphne. It turned out really cute. J was running around with one of his friends and told him that I was pregnant and the little boy said "Well I guessed that by looking at her!" I just laughed but the little boys mom was like "I am so sorry! I hope he didn't offend you." I was not offended at all but it was really funny.

Feelings: Sometimes I feel overwhelmed as in, can I really handle a child 24/7 for the next 18+ years!?! But I remind myself that every new parent probably feels this way. With a great husband and a mighty God by my side I will be able to handle whatever the future holds!

Side note: Got away to Palm Springs with some girlfriends this weekend. It was such a relaxing and refreshing time! So thankful for Chris running the household while I was there including loading up a Costco!

No comments:

Post a Comment