Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pregnancy, Week 11

Physical Symptoms: I feel like I am starting to get some energy back. I am still exhausted at the end of the day but I have more energetic spurts. Hopefully those spurts will increase! Other than that I am feeling great! So thankful!

Food Weirdness: Still cannot eat wild game. We have some frozen deer meat we need to eat but I just cant bring myself to do it.  I am craving carbs, protein and salt.  Chips & fries specifically.  But I am not eating all things horrible. My snacks consist of fruits, veggies and yogurt.

Size of Little Bug: Brussel Sprout... Gross. This is the only "brussel sprout" I have ever been a fan of.

Workout: Ran 2 miles the other night...felt like I conquered the world.  I also did some pilates, cross training workouts and some lifted some hand weights. Feeling much better about my workouts this past week!

Preparation: Bought 1 pair of maternity work pants and 2 pairs of maternity jeans.  Had to go to Ontario Mills Outlets because they were the closest Old Navy with maternity clothes.  That place is a zoo. The older I get the more I hate crowds. If you love crowds, go there.  One of my friends said she went there on a date once. That would be the first and last date for me. Ha!

Discovery: Went back to the doctor this week! All good things to report! The baby is huge, coming in 4 days larger than my due date. I knew I was growing a linebacker! All the tests so far have come back normal. The person doing the sonogram said that the fluid on the back of the baby's neck looked normal which means there is a low risk of downs syndrome.  Baby had all it's fingers and toes and everything is progressing normally. So very very thankful!

Funny Moment: When the sonographer saw the baby was measuring 4 days larger than my due date she said "you may want to think about cutting back on carbs." I just had to laugh and told her "but that is all I want right now!" I followed up with the doctor and she said I shouldn't worry about it the baby will grow at the rate it wants to. Pasta anyone?

Feelings: I am feeling better about my body image now that I have clothes I am comfortable in. Buying cute maternity things have done wonders for my confidence. I can still look cute but not beat myself up for busting out of my pre-pregnancy jeans. Money well spent!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment