Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Pregnancy, Week 14

Physical Symptoms: I LOVE THE SECOND TRIMESTER. My energy is back! I can see why people encourage you to get everything done in preparation for the baby now. If it wasn't for my expanding belly and food restrictions (wine) I wouldn't even remember I was pregnant. I am so grateful for this time in my pregnancy! Some ladies do not feel as well as I do so I am counting my lucky stars.

Food Weirdness: None. I love food. Especially ice cream and milkshakes. And salt! Anything with salt! Pass the pretzels!

Size of Little Bug: Georgia Peach

Workout: I am happy to have energy back to workout. Chris and I ran a few miles at the track the other night and I have a desire to start doing Pregnancy Yoga. Hopefully I can report about that next week.  One thought about running though.  This weekend I wore a belly band while running and it made my stomach feel so much better.  In the past, I have run without a band around my belly and it felt like little babe was just flopping up and down and it pulled on my stomach a lot.  In reality, babe was sitting comfortably in my womb but the belly band makes mama feel a lot more comfortable and supported while running. Also, in regards to working out, is that I really need to be careful not to over do my activity. The other day I had to take a personal day from work and I walked a few miles, did chores, covered our furniture in the garage, etc. etc. That night, I had a tiny bit a blood in my urine. It freaked me out! Thankfully, there was no other bleeding after that so it was just my body telling me to SLOW DOWN! I will be a lot more careful moving forward.

Preparation; This week we decided on switching our insurance to an HMO because it will save us so much money when I give birth. Thankful to work for a company with amazing benefits and open enrollment has started so we can easily make the switch. Also, I talked with my HR to see what kind of maternity leave I am granted.  I was a little disappointed with the answer in terms of time off but thankful I signed up for supplemental disability when I was hired so I can get 70% of my income while I am away.  Chris and I are trying to come up with alternative ways to make up the rest of the 30%. Grateful for my hardworking hubby!

Discovery: Everyone has an opinion about what I should eat, wear, act, prepare. I am choosing to be comfortable in my own skin and trust that my choices are the right ones for me. Trying to consider but be decisive about other people's advice. Basically, take what I need from it but mostly trust my own instinct.

Funny Moment: Since it is fall, I was walking out of Target holding a Pumpkin in front of me that I bought in preparation for Halloween.  When I looked down at the pumpkin I realized that one day my belly will be as large as this pumpkin! CRAZY!

Feelings: I have been in a really happy and joyful mood.  Sure, I have my days where I feel exhausted or just off but in general I am content and living in every moment.  Trying not to look too far ahead but enjoy the moment for what it is.  November is my favorite month so I am ready to squeeze every drop out of it and enjoy every second.

Week 14 Belly Pic




No comments:

Post a Comment