Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pregnancy, Week 12

Physical Symptoms: I am actually starting to get some energy back! For example, I actually had enough energy to empty the bathroom trashcan. At the bottom was the last pregnancy test I took which was around 6 weeks ago. Onward and upward!! (Sidenote: I need to give Chris credit because he has been great helping out the past 6 weeks. Many times he has cleaned the entire house. We just neglected that poor trashcan).

Food Weirdness: It's starting to become not weird and just normal that I crave fried things like french fries! I am no longer needing to eat every 2-hours to feel well. Now I just eat every 2- hours because I am hungry. I have taken a particular liking to ice cream with chocolate sauce. But in my defense,  in all the advice columns I have read stated ice cream = calcium. No shame. I also had a freak out that I should only be eating organic foods. I am really happy for those who can afford to do so but also glad that it is not required.  For information about that and other common questions, I recommend you read The Panic-Free Pregnancy: An OB-GYN Separates Fact from Fiction on Food, Exercise, Travel, Pets, Coffee, Medications and Concerns You have When You Are Expecting by Michael Broder. 

Size if Little Bug: Plum

Workout: Pretty much back to my same workout routine pre-pregnancy...workout when I am able to between work, family, food events, sleep, etc. Though, I am starting to walk during lunch with my fellow pregnant friend in my department.

Preparation: Chris and I (via facebook) found a great deal on a really nice crib and changing table through a friend. Also, my mom was gracious enough to help me out with some funds for maternity clothes! Shopping spree soon! We are so blessed!

Discovery: Everyone who has been pregnant or has known someone who was pregnant will offer unsolicited advice. Grin and bear it.

Funny Moment: Chris and I got together with a group of friends the other night and we wanted to announce the pregnancy to them all at once. Chris wore a sign that said "Bun Maker" and I wore a sign that said "Bun in the Oven" with a picture of a bread roll. It was a hit!

Feelings: Besides still getting frustrated easily (ex: minor freak out when it took me 2-hrs to get to work today) I am in happy spirits! Chris and I had an amazing weekend relaxing and laughing.  We were both in such positive moods and light-hearted! I am pulling out of my emo state!

TOMORROW STARTS THE SECOND TRIMESTER! SO EXCITED!


Week 12 baby bump picture!




No comments:

Post a Comment