Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pregnancy, Week 33 - Showered with Blessings

Physical Symptoms: I'll spare you the long laundry list I gave you last week. But rest assure they are still happening. The only things I will add this week is losing my breath and being hotter than the surface of the sun.

  • Losing my breath: One night I really wanted to lay on my back on the couch. So I did for a while and then when I got up I was breathing so hard trying to catch my breath. I was breathing as hard as when I used to run 10 miles. Ha! Once I laid on my side I started breathing normally again but I now realize why doctors warn you about laying on your back while pregnant.
  • Being hotter than the surface of the sun: Dramatic, I know. But I'm hot all the time. It doesn't help that SoCal decided to climb to almost 90 degrees in March. But even at work I have my desk fan on all the time.
Food Weirdness: The acid reflux is getting somewhat better. Eating smaller meals help. 

Size of little (girl) bug: Cauliflower Blossom (can I have that curried please?)

Workout: So thankful for fit breaks at work. I have even increased tone in my arms! And still walking.

Preparation: We are super prepared since I had my shower over the weekend.  Goodness, we were blessed with so many useful items for Natalie. It will take a while to organize but we are incredibly humbled by our friends and families love and generosity for our growing household.

Discovery: Janell gave us the NoseFrida Nasal Aspirator which is apparently all the rage! It is made in Sweden and unlike regular aspirators with the big bulb at the end that provides suction, mama or daddy uses their own breath to suck through a tube that provides relief for baby nasal congestion. Hard to imagine? Here is the link to the NoseFrida. Apparently babies like it much more than a regular aspirator. 

Funny Moment: Seeing all the baby pictures of Chris and I that our parents provided for the baby shower. It's amazing to see us as tiny babies and kids. My favorite picture is Chris dressed up like a cowboy on a pony (see below).  Both sets of parents provided pictures of us potty training too (also below). Ha ha!

Feelings: Feeling very blessed by friends and family at my baby shower. Everything was amazing. The decorations were so cute, the food was delicious, the stories/pictures our parents provided were very meaningful and the people there (many who drove a long way) made the day just perfect. I couldn't ask for more!

PS: Another east coast friend had her baby this week! So excited for my lovely friend Mel and her husband Mark!


Such amazing food!



Meaningful and cute decor!!



One of my finer moments.... potty training.


I love this lil cowboy because he grew up to be my husband!


Great Friends!


Family!


More Awesome Friends!


The hostesses with the mostesses ;)



Mama and Natalie!










No comments:

Post a Comment