Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pregnancy, Week 32 - Counting Sheep

Physical Symptoms: Well folks the late stages of pregnancy symptoms have started to set in. Though overall I feel well here is the ever increasing list:

  • Leg Cramps: The ones you get in the middle of the night where you feel like someone is ripping the muscle off your bone. This usually involves a lot of flailing around and waking up Chris. Not that he can really do anything but more so someone can commiserate with me. 
  • Acid Reflux: Pretty much anything with give me acid reflux these days. My doctor said it is okay for me to take an antacid so I will probably start doing that.
  • Lightning in the ummm...baby area: I want to be truthful in this blog but not gross you out. Let's just say sometimes it feels like lightning is striking my lower half. Doctor says it's totally normal.
  • Rib Pain: Someone likes to stick her foot in my ribs.
  • Baby Hiccups: This is the one symptom I like. Natalie gets the hiccups all the time. It's pretty cute.
  • Sleeping: I am sleeping terribly. I am starting to build my fortress of pillows around me. I will fall asleep fine but then wake up about 2 hours later so uncomfortable. It takes so much effort to roll over because my entourage of pillows have to come with me. Also, imagine holding a bowling ball in front of you and then rolling over with it without the help of your core. It takes a lot of effort.
Food Weirdness: Food and I have a love hate relationship right now. I love to eat but hate the acid reflux it gives me after.

Size of little (girl) bug: Florida Pomelo?!?!? This food size comparison is getting weird. 

Workout: Walking and fit breaks!

Preparation: We had a busy weekend so I really didn't do too much preparing. Just keeping up with some light reading, continuing to scour Pinterest for helpful hints and talking to new mama's to know what to be expecting in the near future.

Discovery: My doctor said that baby hiccups are a sign that she is happy in the womb. Not sure how they could scientifically know that but i'll take it!

Funny Moment: Chris and I had the privilege of attending the Gordon's wedding this weekend and we had a great time. While conversing with our friends there I pretty much found everything funny. Like things that were mildly funny I would lose it in laughter. I am thankful that on days my body is feeling good I have typically been very joyful during pregnancy. Also, thankful for good times with friends!

Feelings: This week, the youth group that I have been volunteering at for many years gave my friend Janell and I a baby shower. All the kids stated a wish for the babies and it was such a blessing to hear their hopes and dreams for our little ones. We also had a lot of fun. We played silly games and they gave us sweet baby gifts. The kid's moms played a huge part in planning the party and Janell and I were both very blessed and honored. Love my kiddos!

Stephen and Stephanie Gordon! Such a lovely couple!


My Love and I


Had a lot of laughs with these folks!


Youth Group Girls: Who can dress the baby the fastest!



Youth Group Boys: Who can dress the baby the fastest!



Youth Group Moms! They are the best!

Janell and I. So blessed to be sharing this pregnancy experience with her. Cant wait for the arrival of her baby boy at the end of this month!






No comments:

Post a Comment