Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pregnancy, Week 29 - The Best Gifts...

Physical Symptoms: Anyone remember the children's book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"? That is me right now. HUNGRY ALL THE TIME! Also, starting to have an achy back. My long commute to and from work does not help. Looking forward to taking some time off before Natalie is due because I think my commute will increasingly become unbearable.

Natalie is kicking and punching hard! Especially after a good meal. I had a doctor's appt last week and she is developing perfectly! Also, I have some great news. Earlier in pregnancy, I had slight placenta previa which would have prevented me from giving birth vaginally and could of caused bed rest closer to my due date. Last weeks ultrasound showed that the placenta had moved up so I am good to go!

Food Weirdness: Just need more of it!

Size of little (girl) bug: Small pineapple

Workout: Just walking a lot but feeling the need to get serious about some pre-natal yoga to help with my backaches.

Preparation: We put together the pack-n-play, stroller/carseat and I received the breast pump in the mail. Did you know that most insurance covers (or mostly covers) the cost of a breast pump? Such a blessing.

I now will start having doctors appointments every 2 weeks until the last month. Then I will have one every week.

Discovery: I have gained 25pds so far. I only find out my weight gain when I go to the doctor so I don't obsess about it. I could of never imagined seeing that number on the scale! Crazy!

Funny Moment: Chris and J went out to spend some dad/son time together last Saturday and I thought I would take a "little" time to put the pack-n-play together. Two hours later I finally had that sucker together.  Luckily the hard part is over because most of the difficulty was one-time assembly but geez! Of course it took Chris about 5 minutes to put the stroller together.

Feelings: During my pack-n-play assembly I received a package at the door from Richmond, VA. When I opened it I saw a picture of my girlfriends that live in Richmond (I lived there prior to CA) and a note saying they had gathered together to have a baby shower for me. Underneath the note were gifts from them. I was in complete shock and cried (happy tears) for ummm...a while because of their gifts but mostly because of their thoughtfulness and gift of friendship.  I have truly been blessed with amazing friends throughout my life. Some of these girls I haven't even seen in years. I have spoken a lot on this blog about the fear of being lonely and changing friendships/relationships due to a new baby. This surprise gift in the mail was more than just the gift of material things it was the assurance that my growing family is supported both near and far and there will always be someone there I can count on. I am one lucky girl to have found the friends I have in my life. So grateful. So humbled. So blessed!

Natalie at 29 weeks:


Stroller:


Forever Friends:




No comments:

Post a Comment