Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pregnancy, Week 28 - Babymoon

Physical Symptoms: Now that I have figured out that I can't handle too much spicy food my acid reflux has went away.  The problem now is I have a large appetite but when I eat too much my belly feels so huge and uncomfortably full. So now I am learning to eat smaller meals and more snacks. It reminds me of how I ate during early pregnancy when I was trying to ward off nausea.

Food Weirdness: Snacking and small meals.

Size of little (girl) bug: Papaya

Workout: Walking. It is getting hot here in LA (sorry east coast) and it takes me FOREVER to cool down after walking outside.

Preparation: Chris and I were able to spend some time together this past weekend on our "babymoon". We made loose plans the whole weekend because in some ways we wanted to "fly by the seat of our pants" since it may be one of the last times we are able to. We ended up spending the day in Santa Barbara shopping at the stores, driving up to a small town called Cambria (by the coast) for the night and then driving up to San Francisco as our final destination. In San Francisco, we went to Fisherman's Wharf and Ghirardelli Square. We stayed the night in Berkeley where we had dinner with one of Chris' HS friends and girlfriend.  It was so much fun! The next morning we met up with my step-sister and had a wonderful brunch.  We had such a great time spending it with each other and with friends/family.  We are really thankful we could get away. It reminded us to keep our marriage a priority even in the busyness of this fast changing life.

Discovery: Natalie is head down. She is practicing for her escape.

Funny Moment: Our hotel room in Berkeley was so cute and chic but there was a drifter outside playing the saxaphone for hours.  He only knew a few songs so we heard "Somewhere over the Rainbow" probably 15 times before the night was over.  Hilarious and maddening at the same time.

Feelings: Came back very refreshed from our babymoon and ready to take on the next few months which are going to be busy with weddings, showers and other friends babies being born.  What a season of celebration!

A few pics from our babymoon:

A lovely dinner with my handsome husband at Madelines in Cambria

A rainy day on the coast of Cambria

Selfie in San Francisco

This guy was was so stinking cute (literally stinky too)

You know some ice cream was consumed here!

It's a trolley!

Hotel Lobby in Berkeley. So chic!










No comments:

Post a Comment