Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pregnancy, Week 25

Physical Symptoms: CrAzY Dreams! All about the baby and all about my deepest fears. A few nights ago it was my baby being born early, at a crowded hospital, no one could get there in time and my doctor was a teenage intern. The bright part of that dream was that she was born and started speaking real words. Last night it was about me not showering for days because of taking care of the baby, going out on a walk and people making comments about my disheveled look.  This one, I fear and pretty much expect to come true. Ha!

Getting out of bed and off the couch is also interesting. Takes a lot more effort these days. Who knew so much core strength was required to simply get off the couch?

The greatest news this week is that I passed my glucose test! I was super nervous because I love sugar so much!  Everyone kept telling me I had to drink this horrible super sugary drink. Yes, it was super sugary but horrible?? I question that. I loved it. Probably too much. Tasted like a shaved ice without the ice. Though in 20 minutes time I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin. Way to much sugar pumping through this body. At exactly an hour after drinking the sugary goodness they drew my blood.  By end of day I found out I passed the glucose test with flying colors.  Apparently my body processes sugar very well! I celebrated with ice cream.

Natalie is also kicking up a storm. Woo hoo!

Food Weirdness: Just realized that recently my 8-year old stepson and I can now out eat my husband. Ha! Now that is weird! We are both growing at speedy rates!

Size of little (girl) bug: Holding steady at an eggplant. An eggplant that is gaining weight.

Workout: Walking everyday and fit breaks. Chris and I also started our Fitness Blender videos again. I do what I can. I also call getting up from the couch a good core strengthening exercise.

Preparation: I ordered some books and am reading like crazy.  Currently reading, The Happiest Baby on the Block and The Vaccine Book. Both I recommend.  Happiest Baby, is about the myths of colic and how to soothe a fussy baby. So interesting! Especially since I apparently had colic as a baby. The Vaccine Book teaches you about the vaccines your baby is given. The doctor is pro-vaccine but gives alternative scheduling if that makes you feel more comfortable.

Discovery: Natalie is 2 pounds now! Moving up in weight class!

Funny Moment: Laughing with a pregnant lady at my doctor's office (who had just drank her sugar water for the glucose test) about how we were about to jump out of our skin. We had to sit still waiting for our doctor but wanted to run laps around the office instead.

Feelings: Printed out a blank calender for the next few months so Chris and I can schedule all the things we need to do before Natalie's arrival.  This makes me feel confident and prepared.  We will be talking about it more in depth this week. Excited to have a "plan".

The Sugary Nectar from the Gods...






2 comments: