Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pregnancy, Week 24

Physical Symptoms: I have been experiencing some round ligament pain in my lower abdomen. This is due to my body physically stretching out for baby girl.  It just feels like a constant cramping. Lying down seems to help for me though some women say walking around works for them. It's scary the first time this happens but soon you learn what ligament pain feels like and you relax about something really bad happening.

One of the best things about pregnancy for me is I have the most incredible skin! I have always had problem skin/hormonal outbreaks but now my face is completely clear. Maybe its my pre-natal vitamins, or the increased production of blood running through my body, who knows! But I am enjoying while it lasts.

Speaking of blood. Did you know that a woman increases her blood volume by 50% during pregnancy.It can add almost a pound to your body weight! CRAZY!

Food Weirdness: None. Love food.

Size of little (girl) bug: Still an Eggplant

Workout: Now that break is over I am back in action.  My coworker and I walk around 2 miles a day and we do "fit breaks" together.  UCLA has this great program where for 15 min 2x a day a trainer will come to the office and do strength training, dance, stretching, etc. Chris and I hope to get back into working out at home too.

Preparation:  Just been researching some stuff online. Crib vs. Bassinet, Pacifier vs. No Pacifier, etc.,etc.

Discovery: My uterus is now the size of a soccer ball. Umm what?

Funny Moment: I just realized I had left funny moments off the past few posts. Probably the funniest thing that has happened regarding pregnancy is, how big you look is totally dependent on what you wear.  On Monday, someone said "you are so tiny!" the next day "wow, you are getting so big."

Life tip: For what its worth, never tell a woman she is big. Pregnant or not pregnant.

Feelings: I am feeling much more positive this week.  After having a nice long talk with my hubby I am feeling much better. Many of my fears lie in how will he and I keep our marriage a priority in midst of baby land. I'm sure we wont be perfect but I am glad we are already talking about it and implementing practical ways to make our marriage a priority. Love my hubs!


No comments:

Post a Comment