Friday, April 17, 2015

Week 37, The Countdown Begins!

Physical Symptoms: Acid Reflux is in full force. It has for sure been my worst pregnancy symptom. Natalie seems to be dropping some getting in position for labor. I have had some pain but nothing to be concerned about, just some stretching. Every once in a while I will get Braxton Hicks but nothing regular. In general, I am starting to get pretty uncomfortable. It is just hard to move around and I get tired very easily. When Natalie moves they are very large movements that Chris can see happening from across the room. You can tell there is a full term baby in there just waiting to make her arrival.

Food Weirdness: None

Size of little (girl) bug: Forget the fruits and veggies... she looks like a baby, one that is large enough to be outside of the womb.

Workout: Walking and fit breaks!

Preparation: We installed the car seat and bases. I still need to pack the hospital bag but plan on doing that by the weekend. Wednesday was my last day of work (start of week 38). I am looking forward to resting and doing any last minute things before Natalie's arrival, if she lets me. My replacement for work is doing really great and I have total confidence she will be perfect for my position while I am gone.

Discovery: People get way more excited about babies more than anything else including weddings. It has been amazing the support and excitement we have received for Natalie. Don't get me wrong, people were really excited about our wedding but the support we have received for a new baby continues to amaze me, especially at work. Perhaps it is because people can see the physical changes of my body growing so they feel part of the experience.

Last Friday, my co-workers threw my pregnant co-worker and I a double shower. Again we were blessed with many gifts and encouragement. Everyone at work is very excited about Natalie's arrival. I am again completely humbled by the support that surrounds us.

Funny Moment: My belly runs into everything. I forget how much it sticks out so my belly is constantly brushing closing doors, pages in books, walls, etc. Chris even has to let me out of the car before he pulls into the garage because it is impossible for me to get out of the car without having to squeeze through the door.

Feelings: Starting maternity leave was another marker that Natalie will be here before we know it. It is pretty emotional thinking by this time next month we will have a new baby in our arms. We are trying to make the most of our little family of 3 (when we have J) and making the most of our time together as a couple. I can't believe the time is almost here. Natalie can make her presence in this world any minute now. The countdown begins!

A few pics for the work baby shower:









1 comment:

  1. Sweet pics - I love that they celebrated you both at work! awesome!

    ReplyDelete